05 October 2022
The new release 1.7.1 fixes a few small bugs in osm2pgsql and closes some gaps in the geometry processing code released in 1.7.0. It also contains some security-related fixes as a result of the security audit.
as_multipoint()function to complement
- The functions
as_multipolygon()will now always return single geometries if possible. Single geometries are always allowed where multi geometries are allowed, so this does’t break anything.
centroid()function now works for all geometry types.
length()function to compute the length of a geometry in map units.
reverse()function to turn geometries around (can be useful for ways tagged with
simplify()function is now available for multilinestrings, too. (Not for polygons yet.)
- All example code in the
flex-configdirectory has been updated for the new geometry handling capabilities.
- Create nicer error messages when trying to access a missing database extension, schema, or tablespace.
- Better checking of names (of tables, schemas, etc.) used in SQL in osm2pgsql and osm2pgsql-replication to avoid potentional SQL injection issues.
- Fix: Make sure relation members show up in the correct order in multi-geometries when using slim mode.
- Fix: Do not try to run
- osm2pgsql-replication: The database parameter may be empty when connection parameters are supplied via environment variables.
- osm2pgsql-replication: when installed, now runs the osm2pgsql binary that was installed with it to avoid potential security issues through PATH manipulation.
- osm2pgsql-replication: Meaningful error when middle tables do not exist or the prefix is a bad one.