There are some osm2pgsql developers and users who have written up howtos or blog posts, gave talks, filmed tutorials etc. Not all of that is up to date with current version of the software and recommended usage, but there is a lot to learn there.
See also the osm2pgsql page on the OSM wiki.
Blogs / Documentation
- The developer Jochen Topf writes occasionally about osm2pgsql in his blog.
- Ryan Lambert of RustProof Labs has a blog with lots of osm2pgsql content.
- Jakob Miksch has a blog with some posts related to osm2pgsql.
- (French) A complete step-by-step guide to setup a PostgreSQL/PostGIS database and using osmp2pgsql to load OSM data by Julien Moura on Geotribu. On the same website, others blog posts can be found about osm2pgsql using this search.
- Martijn van Exel has a blog post about Keeping a thematic OpenStreetMap database up-to-date with osm2pgsql.
- Mathias Gröbe has a complete flex config with matching QGIS config file.
- From PostGIS Day 2022: “Route the Interesting Things (Not Just Roads!) with OpenStreetMap” by Ryan Lambert Video on Youtube (Dec 2022).
- From PostGIS Day 2022: “Speedrunning the Open Street Map osm2pgsql Loader” by Greg Smith Video on Youtube (Dec 2022).
- From SotM 2021: “News from osm2pgsql” by Jochen Topf. Slides, Download Video, Video on Youtube (July 2021).
- From FOSSGIS 2021: “Neues von osm2pgsql” by Jochen Topf (in German). Slides, Download Video, Video on Youtube (June 2021).
- From SotM 2019: “OSM data processing with PostgreSQL/PostGIS” by Jochen Topf. Slides, Download Video, Video on Youtube (September 2019).
- From SotM-US 2014: “osm2pgsql:mapnik — Optimizing the Rendering Toolchain” by Paul Norman. Video on Youtube.